The tasks of the Board of Trustees and Sponsors according to its chairman
Since it was founded in 1954 the Munich Bach Choir has strongly influenced and enriched the cultural life of the city of Munich through its appearances in concert halls and churches, with Bach festivals and commemorative performances. Thanks to its tours within Germany and abroad along with various productions of records, CDs and video recordings, the choir has achieved great recognition well beyond Munich.
Since the 2005/2006 concert season, Hansjörg Albrecht has been working as the choir’s new artistic director, quickly providing the choir with a new artistic profile. As an extension to the standard program, modern classical works are offered as well as opera performances in concert form or partially staged productions.
Increasing demands mean additional expenses. As a consequence, the Board of Trustees and Sponsors will have to take on new financial tasks such as subsidizing the required soloists in Munich, the assumption of costs for the costumes and sets of partially staged productions and arranging tours abroad, particularly to Eastern and Far-Eastern destinations.
For this reason the Munich Bach Choir continues to depend on the active support of sponsors and I am happy about any such initiative.
Former Mayor of the City of Munich
Members of the Board of Trustees and Sponsors
- CHRISTIAN UDE, Former Mayor of the City of Munich (Chairman)
- Dr. LUDWIG SPAENLE, Bavarian State Minister for Education, Science and the Arts
- FLORIAN BESOLD, President of the Bayerische Einigung - Bayerische Volksstiftung
- Prof. GEORG CHRISTOPH BILLER, former Artistic Director of the choir of the Thomaskirche in Leipzig
- KLAUS DITTRICH, Chairman of the Executive Board of Messe München GmbH
- JOACHIM EBENER, Member of the Board of Stadtsparkasse Munich
- Dr. JOHANNES FRIEDRICH, former Regional Bishop of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Bavaria
- Dr. THOMAS GOPPEL, former Bavarian State Minister for Research, Science and the Arts
- Prof. Dr. THOMAS GRUBER, former Director of the Bavarian Broadcasting Corporation
- Dr. WOLFGANG HEUBISCH, former Bavarian State Minister for Science, Research and the Arts
- Dr. DIRK HEWIG, Director of Neue Bachgesellschaft
- Dr. WALTER KERSTEN, Honorary Chairman of Friends of the Munich Bach Choir e.V.
- Prof. EDGAR KRAPP, Professor em. of the University of Music and Performing Arts in Munich
- HEINZ LABER, Member of the Board of HypoVereinsbank-UniCredit Bank AG Munich
- Dr.jur. HENNING SCHULTE-NOELLE, former Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Allianz SE
- MANFRED WUTZLHOFER, former Director of Messe München GmbH
- HANS ZEHETMAIR, former Bavarian State Minister for Research, Science and the Arts