Friends of the Munich Bach Choir e. V.
The Friends of the Munich Bach Choir were registered in February 1987 as a non-profit-making organisation (e.V.). Personalities from the different areas of church, business and academic life came together. The organisation has around 250 members, a committee and a curatorship to support the committee made up of influential personalities from Politics, Business, the Arts and the Church.
The aim is to secure and improve the quality of the choir through financial support.
The Munich Bach Choir as highly qualified concert choir is a freelance institution which has to promote its valuable musical products without any permanent public funding. In Munich, Germany and abroad, the concert promoters are found who are interested in performances by the Munich Bach Choir. The fierce competition among high-quality ensembles requires ever higher personal contributions.
To guard against risks which could endanger the choir’s activity, the Friends grant subsidies
- for concerts and concert tours,
- for the production of CDs and DVDs,
- for improving the quality of the choir’s performance,
- for the support of the artistic director,
- for the advancement of public relations.
In addition, members seek ways to increase interest in the Munich Bach Choir e.V. and its work and to further the contact and communication with the public.
Please use the confirmation of membership form and send this to the address given.
Confirmation of membership: PDF-Download
The Friends of the Munich Bach Choir have established the following special concessions for their members:
- Preferential choice of seat and special terms and conditions for Bach Choir concert tickets
- For certain concerts exemption of pre-booking fee
- Travels to accompany the choir on concerts outside of Munich
- Bach Choir concerts for members, their family members and friends
The primary source of funding for the subsidies to the Bach Choir are the tax-deductible membership fees. These are determined by the General Meeting. At the present time the following tax-deductible fees apply:
- Ordinary personal membership with yearly fee of 70,- €
- Personal membership with reduced or increased fee
- Membership of a family member of an ordinary member for a fee of 30,- €
- Company membership for yearly fee of 350,- €
The second source of funding is from tax-deductible donations which can be transferred directly to the following donation account:
Freunde d. Münchener Bach-Chores
HypoVereinsbank BLZ 700 202 70
Account No. 2407450.
Financial and non-material support in the form of donations, advertising, waiving of concert hall rental charges etc. through the members of the curatorship and other sponsors constitute the third source of funding.
Contact address for Membership
Mrs Ingrid Bücher
Phone: +49 (0) 89-699 07 93
Fax: +49 (0) 89-690 48 37
Mrs Barbara Dieß (Chairman)
Phone: +49 (0) 89-612 35 07
Fax: +49 (0) 89-612 35 88
Mr Wilhelm H. Fischer
Mr RA Berthold Goerdeler
Mrs Dr. Anne Feichtner von Ian
Mr Thomas Schmatz
Mr Dr. Walter Kersten