Friends of the Munich Bach Choir e. V.
The Friends Association of the Munich Bach Choir was registered in 1987 as a non-profit-making organisation (e.V.). Personalities from the Church, Business and Academic Life came together. This association has around 200 members, a committee and a curator supporting the committee made of influential personalities from Politics, Business, the Arts and the Church.
The aim is to secure and improve the quality of the choir through financial support.
The highly qualified concert choir Munich Bach Choir is a freelance institution which has to promote its valuable musical products without any permanent public funding. The Association finds concert promoters interested in the choir performances. The fierce competition among high-quality ensembles requires ever higher personal contributions.
To mitigate the risks that could endanger the choir’s activity, the Friends grant subsidies
- for concerts and concert tours,
- for the production of CDs and DVDs,
- for improving the quality of the choir’s performance,
- for the advancement of public relations.
In addition, members seek ways to increase interest in the Munich Bach Choir e.V. and its work and to further the contact and communication with the public.
Please use the confirmation of membership form and send this to the address given.
Confirmation of membership: fmbc_formular_2017n2.pdf
The Friends of the Munich Bach Choir have established the following special concessions for their members:
- Preferential choice of seat and special terms and conditions for Bach Choir concert tickets
- For certain concerts exemption of pre-booking fee
- Travels to accompany the choir on concerts outside of Munich
- Bach Choir concerts for members, their family members and friends
The subsidies to the Bach Choir get their primary source from the tax-deductible membership fees. These are determined by the General Meeting. At the present time the following tax-deductible fees apply:
- Ordinary personal membership with yearly fee of 70 €
- Family membership with yearly fee of 100 €
- Student membership with yearly fee of 20 €
- Company membership with yearly fee of 350 €
The second source of funding comes from tax-deductible donations which can be transferred directly to the following donation account:
Freunde d. Münchener Bach-Chores
Stadtsparkasse München IBAN DE14701500001004107445 BIC SSKMDEMM
Financial and non-material support in the form of donations, advertising, waiving of concert hall rental charges etc. through the members of the curatorship and other sponsors constitute the third source of funding.
Contact address for Membership
Ms Christiane Willemsen
Phone: +49 8341 / 934 964 - 0
Dr. Anne Feichtner von Jan email@example.com
Ms Christiane Willemsen firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms Barbara Dieß
Dr. Walter Kersten